Time Strategies

Personal Photo of Benji



My schedule assigned for this class goes as follows:

Monday: 1 hour. Reading A
Tuesday: 2 hours. Reading B, Story
Wednesday: 1 hour. Blog Comments
Thursday: 2 hours. Project, Project Feedback

Looking at it right now at the start of the semester, it seems like it'll be a good schedule for me. I'm just worried about my work schedule interfering with it because it fluctuates every week but I don't think I'll stray away too far from the assigned schedule, or if anything I'll be trying to work ahead or catching up some weeks.

Some time management strategies I may try would be to prioritize more important or time consuming assignments first and save the shorter, less in-depth assignments for last. As for the semester overall, I will probably be prioritizing the classes where I have a lower grade first, if that makes sense, and hopefully that'll even out the grades.

The two articles I read were The Psychology of Checklists by Lauren Marchese and Time Management Tips Just for Creatives by Amanda Oliver. I found the articles useful in a sense, although as a junior in college I pretty much have a good grasp on how to manage my time. It never hurts to review strategies though. The time management strategy that works best for me, which I also found in the article by Amanda Oliver, is to do the worst things first. The rest of the workload is definitely easier once you've gotten the worst part of it out of the way.

Comments

Popular Posts