Week 8: Progress

1. Looking back. I'm happy with my progress so far since I am sitting at an A grade right now in the class. I think what I am most proud of is that I have been consistently keeping up with everything and actually putting out work that I like (for the most part). Some of my stories aren't my best work but for the most part I'm proud that I am able to make some decent stories every week! I'm honestly impressed with myself. I think the class assignments that I enjoy the most are the readings. It reminds me of before college when I actually had the time to sit down and enjoy a book. I used to read a lot throughout my pre-college life and coming into college there was even one year where I made it a New Year's Resolution to read one book a month, when I used to be able to read one book a day. In terms of the extra credit options, I actually haven't utilized any of them thus far, although I keep telling myself I should. You never know when you may need that extra cushion. With developing my blog and building my website I've found it fun! I was a little hesitant with it at first but I'm glad I have this experience so if I ever do decide to start another blog on something or build a website I kind of have an idea on what to do. What I like best about my writing so far is that it's actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be and with feedback and revisions it just keeps getting better.

2. Looking forward. I don't think I have any changes for the second half of the semester; the way everything's been going so far seems to work well to me and I've enjoyed it. I don't think there are any pitfalls to avoid either, and I'm not sure what new things I may want to try in my writing. With changing my blog or website, I may consider adding music to my website if I find a fitting story, but overall I like how things have been going and will probably keep it as it is.

(Personal Photo of Benji Trying on his Halloween Costume)
Side note: Benji is always a big motivation for me to push through anything. Knowing he'll be right here by my side through the end of the semester is a big comfort! 

Comments

Popular Posts