Week 8: Comments and Feedback

1. Feedback in. Overall, I would rate the quality of the comments and feedback I have been receiving from other students in the class as a 8.5 out of 10. For the most part, the comments kind of glaze over me but there are some comments that give really direct and useful feedback that I truly take into consideration. I understand meeting the maximum word requirement but I feel like it should not be too stressed. If you have said what you had to say then it is all good in my opinion!

2. Feedback out. In analyzing myself and my comments and feedback, I feel that it is the same way, 8.5 out of 10. There are some stories I read where I am just blown away by how good it was, and I have no suggestions to add. But you can only fill up so many words from saying how impressed you were by a person's writing, so the rest of the words are kind of just fluff. There are some stories I have read, however, where I am able to provide specific examples of things to fix and I end up going far over the minimum word requirement.

Imperfectly (Sidenote: Why couldn't they have called it "Impurrrrrrfectly"?) Source: Feedback Cats.

3. Blog comments. With it being an online class and all, initially I did not expect to get to know my classmates through looking at their blogs and vice versa. However, I have actually found that this is one of the more effective ways I have gotten to know my classmates than in person! I am not usually a social person, but online I am more comfortable with reaching out and speaking my mind. Likewise, because I am so quiet in person people do not generally talk to me, but here I have had so many more people than I would have expected comment on my Introduction post and other blog posts. I am pretty happy with the results of this system in comparison to an in-person class.

4. Looking forward. I think something that should be made differently about making feedback more useful to one another would be to get rid of the word requirement but make it more about content. I understand we have the WWW system and the TAG/Pretend templates as well but those are just kind of suggested guidelines to follow. Maybe just require the person giving feedback to address certain points, like grammar or clarity or something. I am not entirely sure but I feel that the word length requirement is unnecessary.

Comments

Popular Posts