Topic Research

Out of the three ideas I brainstormed last week for storybook topics: Dogs, Stories from Vietnam, Nursery Rhymes, I feel that Dogs will be the most interactive and enjoyable topic for me to work on for the rest of the semester. Since I live with my own dog, I'm able to see his daily life as well as better come up with his perspective on if I were to write an adventurous story from his point of view since I know his personality and how he would react to things. Three possible stories I could work with are:

1. The Diary of a Dog. Like I said in my brainstorming blog post, it would be really cool for me to write a diary coming from Benji's point of view. I spend a lot of time with him by my side anyway, so retelling my day from his perspective would be interesting for me to do.

2. A Dog's Adventures. With Benji as my main character, I could take him wherever his little heart desires! He could go on an adventure, perhaps he ran away from home and is now trying to find his way back? Maybe he chased after a squirrel who's taking him to some super secret squirrel headquarters. I feel that the possibilities are endless with this one, and it'd be something I wouldn't have to be too serious about. Kind of like "The Secret Life of Pets" movie or something.

3. A Modernized Tale Based off of my Dog's Roots? I didn't quite know how to title that. Basically, my dog is half Havanese and half Miniature Schnauzer, so from Cuban and German descent. I found this Welsh Story of Gelert, "Gelert" being the name of a hound, and I thought perhaps it'd be interesting if I could find either a Cuban or a German story with a dog and make it from Benji's perspective. I probably won't make the ending as sad as this reference story though... I don't want to write about Benji dying.

Personal Photo of Benji



Comments

  1. Hello Julia! I think that your topic is great and I can't wait to see what you write for it! I've have two dogs myself at home and I always have wondered what they may be thinking throughout their day or just what kind of adventures they may go if they were allowed to go anywhere they wanted for a day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts