Reading Notes: Classical and Biblical, Reading B

1. Saints and Animals: The Wolf-Mother of Saint Ailbe, Part A, by Abbie Farwell Brown (1900).
I really enjoyed this story so far, it seemed more like a fairy tale to me than a biblical story about a saint. The word choices were very descriptive and therefore made it easier for me to imagine the story play out inside my head. This first part of the story ended kind of sadly though, since Ailbe was separated from his wolf-mother, but I am glad that he was able to assimilate back to human society and was lucky enough to be raised by royalty.

2. Saints and Animals: The Wolf-Mother of Saint Ailbe, Part B, by Abbie Farwell Brown (1900).
I am glad that Ailbe did not forget his roots. He instantly remembered his wolf-mother and then protected her and his wolf-brothers from ever being hunted. I loved that he welcomed them all into his home where they joined him for dinner every night. It was him returning the favor for her taking care of him as a child, a super sweet and heartwarming ending.

Saint Ailbe of Emly. Source: Blogspot


Bibliography:
Book of Saints and Friendly Beasts by Abbie Farwell Brown (1900).

Comments

Popular Posts