One of my Favorite Places


Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoile, Paris, France
Source: Pixabay


Arc de Triomphe, Paris, France. This past summer, I was given the opportunity to study aboard in France. Our campus abroad was stationed in Vichy, but we were able to explore different parts of France in our own time. While the small town of Vichy holds a special place in my heart, one of my favorite places while visiting was the Arc de Triomphe. I was really fascinated by its impressive architecture and inner artwork. Having already known the history behind it before seeing it in person also made a much stronger impact on my response towards it. It really is a beautiful structure.

(Me with the Arc de Triopmhe, Paris, France)

Comments

  1. That photograph of you at the Arc de Triomphe is fantastic, Julia: how cool! Maybe you will want to a Paris-inspired project for this class. The French storytelling tradition is a powerful one, and the word "fairy tale" itself was coined by a French woman writer, Countess d'Aulnoy back in the 17th century!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts